Bring On The Giggles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bring On The Giggles

Forum for the people of the Flag BRING ON THE GIGGLES, in the game Puzzle pirate(see ! www.puzzlepirate.com)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
If ya have any good ideas fer flag fundraising, please don't hesitate to tell !

Flag Fundraising Ideas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tamkerr

Flag Fundraising Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Flag Fundraising Ideas   Flag Fundraising Ideas EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:00 am

In an attenmpt to organise the forum even further, All fund raising ideas plans or works in progress can be posted here.

ill start off and propose

A large scale poker tournament for Flaggies with an entry fee paid to the captain, of which, a certain percentage goes to the tope 3 and the crew funds.
Back to top Go down
nuttymomsix

PostSubject: Re: Flag Fundraising Ideas   Flag Fundraising Ideas EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:36 pm

Myself and one of my SO's , Booteelishus, will be in the near future holding a 3 part game perse for the whole flag. Cannot reveal all the details as of yet and how it will all work as this is an idea in the makings but I can tell you one part of the game will be a Scavenger hunt type of thing. Will fill you in more when we get it all worked out!
Back to top Go down
Varys
Admin
Varys

PostSubject: Re: Flag Fundraising Ideas   Flag Fundraising Ideas EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 5:35 pm

tamkerr wrote:
A large scale poker tournament for Flaggies with an entry fee paid to the captain, of which, a certain percentage goes to the tope 3 and the crew funds.

Not to shoot you down too quickly, but running a poker tournament is a ridiculously difficult ordeal in YPP simply because there are no tools to do so. How do you increase the blinds? How do you adjust for suddenly-short tables? How do you pull someone off a table if he has more than the max-buy-in? How do you moderate a table in any way if someone who is not part of the tournament sits down?

It's VERY very difficult. Not impossible, but VERY difficult.
Back to top Go down
tamkerr

PostSubject: Re: Flag Fundraising Ideas   Flag Fundraising Ideas EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 6:33 pm

Varys wrote:
Not to shoot you down too quickly, but running a poker tournament is a ridiculously difficult ordeal in YPP simply because there are no tools to do so. How do you increase the blinds? How do you adjust for suddenly-short tables? How do you pull someone off a table if he has more than the max-buy-in? How do you moderate a table in any way if someone who is not part of the tournament sits down?

It's VERY very difficult. Not impossible, but VERY difficult.

Ill give ye my quick explainations for the problems that could arrise.

ye dont have to have it over a big scale a single or 2 tables

blinds dont have to be increased the tournament can be played on the one same scale/buy-in.

the max buy-in switch over thing is difficult one. however if every one have over max-buy in a larger table could be used.the smaller tables should be used until it is possible for everyone to buy in to a larger table.

Possible 200-2000poe and step up to 2000-20000poe

some one not part of the tournament. we can make it invite only in someones house and local player only.

It was an idea to start off these ideas are for development so continue to scrutinise confused and we shall eventually work things out.

Finally I shall plan a small poker tournament amoung royal and titled soon for crew fund with Monarchs permission. i have done this before to success.

Tamkerr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flag Fundraising Ideas   Flag Fundraising Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Flag Fundraising Ideas
Page 1 of 1